Friday 3 October 2014

Reconstruction| Double Page Spread

   This is a reconstruction of a double page spread taken from Elle Magazine. The outfit is completely different to the original, but I made sure that the poses and body language of the model were similar in comparison.As you can see, I had to change the colour of a font on the left hand side of the page as you weren't able to see the writing. When creating my own product, I must take font colours into consideration so that if it does need to go in front of the image, you will be able to see what it says.
This has helped me have a better understanding of how a fashion magazine layout their double page spreads and has also given me inspiration in relation to my own product.

1 comment:

  1. You have attempted to reconstruct a double page spread that is appropriate for your target audience and task. You she a basic understanding of conventions of layout and page design of a double page spread. You have shown basic awareness for the need of a variety on fonts and text sizes although I would expect this to be developed further when you are producing your on creative product. There is some evidence of you attempting to integrate illustration and text - but again I feel that this is something hat can be worked on further for your own creative product. The material you have shot has a basic appropriation to the task set and you have shown some evidence of manipulating photographs appropriate to the context - although do take care with "floating" images.

    Grade D

    ReplyDelete