Thursday 2 October 2014

Reconstruction| Front Cover


As part of my research and planning, I have reconstructed a front cover taken from the fashion magazine TeenVogue. I found that this cover was suitable to do as my model was quite similar to the original image and I thought that it would be quite simple to recreate. I took the TeenVogue cover from google images then recreated my take on it on Adobe Photoshop. As this was a reconstruction task, I had to make sure that everything that I done was similar to how the original cover looked. 
While I was creating the reconstruction, I had a tab open of the original image in order for me to get everything as likewise as I could.
I took my image against a white background which made it easy to edit the blue behind the model, this also allowed me to have the faded colour at the bottom of the cover. In addition to this, I didn't have to crop any image of the model, instead I used a paint brush and covered any white parts that were visible. In relation to my own product, I am definitely going to take my own images in front of a white background as this will make the editing of the photos process a lot easier incase I want to change any colouring etc.
Although, the clothes on my model aren't similar to the ones on the Vogue cover, I tried to make sure that the makeup and hair looked similar in order to show to the reconstruction.
I managed to find a font on Dafont, which was similar to the font used for the 'Vogue' on the front cover. Now I have this font on photoshop installed, I am thinking of using it for the masthead of my own regional magazine as this is something I have taken inspiration from during my research.
 I also found that photoshop already had some fonts that had a resemblance to the original which made it a lot easier for me during the process of the reconstruction. 
Whilst creating my own take on the original, I found it quite easy as I didn't have to place the masthead behind the image and all the sell lines were simple to insert.

1 comment:

  1. You have attempted to reconstruct a front cover that is appropriate for your target audience and task. You show an understanding of conventions of layout and page design of a front cover. You have shown basic awareness for the need of a variety on fonts and text sizes although I would expect this to be developed further when you are producing your on creative product. There is some evidence of you attempting to integrate illustration and text - but again I feel that this is something that can be worked on further for your own creative product. The material you have shot is appropriate to the task set and you have shown evidence of manipulating photographs appropriate to the context. Make sure your magazine design is A4 in size.

    Grade D

    ReplyDelete