Thursday 11 September 2014

Deconstruction| Double Page Spread

With this double page spread, I found that it is clear to see that its focusing on the image rather than the actual article. As you can see, there isn't any interview, just a small piece of text to the side of the image. Even though this is taken from Vogue which is a fashion magazine, I would of expected to see a bit more of an article but the picture very much focuses on what the model is doing and wearing.

The find that the background behind the model is the thing that the reader would be most drawn to due to the fact it looks somewhere exotic and it isn't something you would usually see as a background, most of the time its plain. 
I like how the title has overlapped the main image and is still very clear to read, if I do this in my own magazine then I must make sure that this is how it looks.
At the side of the magazine, a rhetorical question is written which is direct to the audience to make it feel like they are going to be getting an insight into the models life. "What do three supermodels wear when the workday is done?" This article will automatically appeal to the target audience because although the readers won't have the same job as the model, they will be able to be similar to them when they find out what the models wear when they are finished work. Women take a lot of care in their appearance and most look forward to coming home and relaxing, getting into their comfy clothing. In relation to my own product, I definitely want to add rhetorical questions into my article as it helps to add more fun to the magazine and it gives a more personal feel to the audience as you are directly asking them a question in which they can answer.
"Kicking it" is used as a kind of strap line and the model is posing to match this phrase which adds slight quirkiness to the magazine as this isn't the sort of image you would expect to see in a fashion magazine.
Overall, I dislike the layout of this DPS and this is not how I would like my own product to be like. This is because I don't really like how this image is presented and how it takes up almost two pages of the article itself. 

2 comments:

  1. When you deconstruct your magazines you must continuously bear your own product in mind .. you must say what you like / dislike - what you have learned in relation to your own product. So for example - would you use a rhetorical question in your own dos? Why? Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have updated this post and talked about my likes and dislikes of this DPS.

    ReplyDelete