Friday 26 September 2014

Flat Plan| Contents Page

Contents Page

Colour Usage: On my contents page, I am going to have the same colour scheme that I used on my front cover. I think this looks a lot more professional and sophisticated which is a look that I would like to go for. As I am using monochrome colours, I plan on taking images that will help to add more colour to the page so it doesn't look too boring in basic black and white. I could also add more colour by putting the page numbers in something other than black and white, maybe red or pink.

Image Usage: I plan on using one quite large image which will relate back to the model on the front cover and then use images that fit with the content inside of the rest of the magazine. I am going to include the page number on top of the image as I think this is a good technique use in order to give the reader a better understanding of the articles.

Text Usage: I would still like the narrative voice to continue being quite formal like how it is on the front cover. The best way to grab the readers attention, particularly in my genre of magazine, is to talk to them in a friendly and personal tone so it makes them feel apart of what they are reading. However, it is still important that the way I write my content is professional. I am going to make sure that subheadings are used in order to split the articles into different sections that they fall under and this helps to make it easier for the reader to follow. It is important that subheadings are used to split up the articles into different sections so it makes it easier for the reader to find certain features. The regional magazine "Luxe" also does this which is something I have taken inspiration from.

Layout and Font: When doing my own research into regional fashion magazines, I have found that the best magazines are the ones that have the images precisely placed and look organized. It is important that the reader can easily understand what is going on and everything is clear to see. I am going to write the name of the magazine on the contents page as this is a convention I have found a lot of fashion magazines tend to do. I want to find a simple, plain font that I can use for my text but will look quite similar to the masthead

1 comment:

  1. This is a very comprehensive flat plan and rationale - you seem to have a very dear idea where you are going with your design ideas - and your creative thought process is really focussed!!! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete