Wednesday 10 September 2014

Deconstruction| Front Cover

Harpers Bazaar is another well known international fashion magazine which has used the popular singer, Rihanna, as their model on the front cover. Likewise to the other magazines I have mentioned, Rihanna has a large fan base which will mean a lot of people will be interested in buying and reading this issue. As much as I would like to, I am not able to use a celebrity as a model for my own product so I plan on using one of my friends.

I love the way this layout looks, the rich brown/gold toned font compliments her skin and contrasts with the black font, creating an overall glossy and sophisticated look. I do like these colours that have been used and would consider using these type of colours in my own product.
She is looking directly into the camera, with her making immediate contact with the target audience.
Her facial expression and body language is made to make her look sexy and appealing, she is holding one arm across her stomach with the other placed in her hair. This is a pose I would consider on using for my own magazine, depending on the content that I would like to include.
There hasn't been a main pull quote used on the magazine, only the models name "Rihanna" in a small font under the masthead. However, when doing my research I have noticed that international fashion magazines don't tend to use a pull quote from a interview on the front cover.

The font used in this magazine is very classic and neat which helps to make it stand out and add that overall tactful and elegant look. I am going to try and search for a font which is similar to this for my own magazine as I think it makes the overall look appear to be more sophisticated and chic.
The sell lines have been placed to fill dead space from where the white background is in the picture, only two pieces of text actually overlap onto the image of the model. It is clear to see what type of content the magazine has as the most important pieces have been written in a bigger/bolder font compared to the other words. The content is relatable to the target audience, which is the same stuff that I would like to include on my front cover. For example, this magazine has talked about the new season fashion trends which is something I plan on talking about as my magazine is based on the genre of fashion.

2 comments:

  1. When you deconstruct your magazines you must continuously bear your own product in mind .. you must say what you like / dislike - what you have learned in relation to your own product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have updates this post and talked about my own product.

    ReplyDelete