Thursday 11 September 2014

Deconstruction| Double Page Spread

This double page spread has been taken from Harper's Bazaar when Lancome and Little Joe Woman collaborated at an Australian Fashion week. As you can see, this interview is based around their collaboration and about makeup which will appeal to the audience as they will be able to find out about products mentioned. This DPS is very picture based, almost like a collage, which I think is refreshing to see as this isn't how a DPS would usually be set out like. Although this layout is unique compared to any other magazine, this isn't how I would like my own double page spread to look like. I would want my own DPS to be a lot more organised so that images appeared more professional and placed to fit around the text.
The word "moments" has been written in the same font as the masthead on the front cover, I think this helps add professionalism to the overall look because everything fits together. The way this title has been written is in the same font as the masthead for Harper's Bazaar, which is an element I would like to take from this magazine and incorporate it into my own.
The questions have been written in a grey, bold font whereas the answers/replies have been written in a different colour. This helps for the interview to flow naturally, making it easier for the readers to follow. When creating my own DPS, this is exactly how I am going to set out my interview as this is something I have noticed a lot of fashion magazines do.
I also think that the colour scheme of this double page spread looks very sophisticated and classy, this is how I would like my own product to be like.

2 comments:

  1. What elements of this d.p.s would you use in your own product? Why? What do you particularly like/ dislike about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have updated this post and discussed how I would use certain elements from this DPS in my own product.

    ReplyDelete