Friday 26 September 2014

Deconstruction| Billboard

As part of my coursework, I have to create a billboard advertisement as well as the magazine and hyperlinked pages from a website.

This is a billboard which is advertising the fashion brand 'Forever 21' which is clothing for women and men. The colouring on this billboard is very simple, very much focusing on the image and the name of the brand. This is something I am going to take into consideration when creating my own, I want the company name to attract the audience and stick in their minds. Also, as my magazine is going to have a simple colour scheme and classic layout, this will also match with how that looks and my target audience will know they are linked together.
Although the writing takes up the billboard, the image behind is still very clear and stands out. With the text being so large, it is easy to identify and read and would be the first thing someone would notice
if passing by.

The main focus of this billboard is the image. Two models have been used and have been dressed in black which contrasts with the blue background. In relation to my own product, I am unsure wether or not I want to have a plain, white background or a colour. The brand's name has been placed in the centre of the billboard with the writing in white which you are able to clearly see. This is something I must take into consideration when creating my own product as it is important that the audience will be able to see my company name and can identify it easily. As Gucci is such a well known brand, there has been no need for the writing to be so big which allows you to focus on the main image.

What attracts me about this billboard is the use of bright colours in contrast to the white background. When creating my own billboard, I am going to try and make it as colourful as possible, while still making it look classic, this is so that it will attract the target audience and will catch their eye. The reason why the bright colours have been used is so that people notice the jeans, which is the selling point and purpose of the billboard. As my billboard is going to be focusing on my magazine, it is important that I make sure my product is noticeable and the main attention. The logo of the company has been placed at the bottom of the image, with text placed underneath the models. This doesn't take away any attention from image but you are still able to recognise and understand what is being said.

No comments:

Post a Comment