Wednesday 10 September 2014

Reviewing My AS Coursework

For my AS media coursework, I created a music magazine which included a front cover, contents page and a double page spread.

Overall, I was quite pleased with how my magazine turned out although I do think I could of done some stuff differently to make it better. Out of everything that I created, my favorite was the double page spread. I think that the layout looks professional as I managed to make sure the columns were all in line and straight. I followed the usual normal conventions of a regional magazine by using a main sell line and adding my picture to the other page.
I really liked how I made the layout for the interview in the DPS, I made sure that the questions were in bold and the answers/replies were in a normal font. This meant that the audience would be able to read the interview and it would flow naturally, therefore it would be a lot easier to understand.

When creating my front cover and contents page, I made sure that I followed the basic conventions that you would find on a magazine. I think I managed to make these pages suitable for my target audience, by creating content that would appeal to them and the colour scheme would typically attract girls.

If I was to change my magazine, I would definitely make sure that my photographs were taken professionally in order for them to come out in the best quality possible. I had difficulty when trying to cut around the images to remove the background. However if I had taken my images at the university where it was offered, there would of been a white back screen available to use meaning that my images would have been a lot to cut and edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment