Wednesday 10 September 2014

Deconstruction| Front Cover

As you can see the masthead is printed in a quite sophisticated font which stands out from the white background and it contrasts with how simplistic the whole front cover is. Its a large piece of text and although it is hidden behind the model, it is clear to see what the magazine is called. In relation to my own product, I would like to find a font that is similar to this as I think it helps to add that overall sophisticated and classic look to the magazine. When I create my magazine, this is how I would like my layout to look.

The audience of this magazine is aimed at people aged between 16-30, this is the audience that I want my own magazine to be aimed at. Mary Kate Olsen is the model on the front cover of this magazine which the target audience will know of as she is a famous actress and is well known in the fashion industry. The main image is her looking directly at the camera, therefore catching the readers attention and engaging them. The direct gaze at the target audience helps to show interaction with every person who reads the magazine. This is a medium shot which takes up the space on the front cover and allows you to focus attention on the image. When creating my own front cover for my magazine, this is how I would like my model to pose as it means the audience are having direct contact and the image is the first thing you would really notice on a magazine.

The sell lines are placed around the image, with the subheadings in bold to attract the audience and give an idea of what sort of content will be in the magazine. "Style Now" is placed at the bottom of front cover in a large, thin font which contrasts with the thickness of the masthead. I would like my own sell lines to be set out like this as it allows you to really focus on the main points and you are drawn to them straight away. The sell lines include text that would appeal to the target audience, mentioning things such as 'updating your wardrobe' and how to 'get a flat body in 2 weeks.' When creating my own product, this is similar to the type of content that I would like to include as it is the type of things my audience would like to read and would attract them into buying the magazine.

2 comments:

  1. You must remember to relate every point that you make back to your own product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have updated this post and discussed my own product.

    ReplyDelete