Thursday 11 September 2014

Deconstruction| Double Page Spread

This double page spread is taken from Vogue magazine, I would say this follows the usual conventions as the article is written in columns which helps to split all the text up and appear to be not too much writing. In relation to my own product, I have learnt that by setting out the text in columns makes it look a lot more professional and this is how I am going to have my text set out like.
 The woman in the blue coat is the main image on the page and this image fits in well with the theme of the article. I like how a sort of shadow effect has been used behind the model which adds to the quirkiness of the DPS. Black is the only colour that has been used for the text on this page but colour has been added by the use of different images. However, at the start of the article the first letter of the word has been made larger and in a different colour which creates a professional look and makes on overall impact on how the article looks. Although the background is white and the pictures are only of small objects, it doesn't look as if there is dead space. However, I don't really like the look of the buttons and lipstick images as I think it makes the article look quite messy and unorganized. Also, the text has just been placed around the images which adds to how quite unprofessional it looks.
"How to stay in the style loop" has been placed just off the centre on the first page but has been written in a different font. This is to attract the reader as this will be the first thing they will most likely see and read, this line refers back to the genre of the magazine and how it is all about fashion. When creating my own product, I plan on using these type of sell lines in order to attract my target audience and so it keeps in relation to the genre of my magazine.


2 comments:

  1. When you deconstruct your magazines you must continuously bear your own product in mind .. you must say what you like / dislike - what you have learned in relation to your own product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have updated this post and talked about my own product.

    ReplyDelete