Friday 26 September 2014

Flat Plan| Double Page Spread

Double Page Spread

Colour Usage: This double page spread is the only part of my magazine where I am not going to have the same colour scheme as my front cover and contents page. I am undecided on what sort of colours I am going to use but I know I'm going use black as the main font for the text in the article.

Image Usage: I am only going to use one image on this page as I plan on making it take up the page without the text/interview. As the genre of my magazine is fashion, I might plan on taking a long shot photo in order for the audience to see the outfit that my model is wearing and get inspiration from the clothing in the image.

Text Usage: Depending on what my article is going to be, a interview or review etc, my text will be quite a mix of formal and informal. For example, If I do use a interview for my double page spread then it is quite likely that the questions will be written in a formal tone and the answers could be replied informally.

Layout and Font: The layout will proceed to be well presented and organised so it looks more appealing to the reader. When doing my research and planning, the main convention of a double page spread is that the text is written in columns so that it looks well presented and is easy to follow. I want to keep the fonts very simple for the text, it will  be the same font that I used to write the text for my contents page. The title of the masthead will be written in a bold font to stand out and I plan on using a rhetorical question as a caption to draw the reader in.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very comprehensive flat plan and rationale - you seem to have a very dear idea where you are going with your design ideas - and your creative thought process is really focussed!!! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete