Friday 26 September 2014

Flat Plan| Front Cover


Front Cover

Colour Usage: The colours that I have decided to use on the front cover of my magazine are very neutral and cool toned. With the genre of my magazine being fashion, I want it to look quite simplistic and have everything focused on the image. The main colours that I would like to use are black, white and maybe pink. As the magazine is aimed at woman, pink has connotations of femininity and will attract the target audience. 

Image Usage: After thinking about what my main image wanted to be like for my front cover and researching the different conventions, I would like a woman model on the front cover. When doing research into the conventions, I found that both regional and international fashion magazines have a woman as their model. As I am creating a regional magazine, I plan on dressing my model in clothes from the high street in order for my target audience to achieve the same sort of looks that they will see in the magazine. I am undecided wether I want to use props in my image, but I will decide this after I have taken some images to see if it looks better with or without. I would like the hair of my model to either be down, curled or straightened, or up depending on what the model feels comfortable with. The most important thing about the main image is that it is of good quality and doesn't turn out looking pixelated and blurry.

Text Usage: The narrative of the text will come across as quite formal to the reader, but will still be very friendly so it appeals to the target audience. The target audience of my magazine is aimed at 16-30, so I think it is important that I use language that is professional and relates to my genre, but I will still make sure that the magazine looks entertaining. I plan on using a main sell line which will relate to the models article on my double page spread and then use sub headings around the image which will talk about the content inside of the magazine.

Layout and Font: I have decided that I want my masthead to be in a basic font but written bold as this will help to grab the readers attention. I have taken inspiration from the magazines Elle and Harper's Bazaar for the fonts that they have used and I hope to find something similar to the fonts they use. As you can see in the image above, I would like my masthead placed at the top of the front cover so that the audience can easily recognise it. The main image itself will be a mid shot and will take up the whole front cover, with all the text placed around and on it. The regional magazine 'ETC' has a footer at the bottom of their front cover which is something I have took inspiration from and would like to incorporate into my own magazine.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very comprehensive flat plan and rationale - you seem to have a very dear idea where you are going with your design ideas - and your creative thought process is really focussed!!! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete